Grounds Maintenance Technician II
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Grounds Maintenance Technician II position at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is an integral part of the Engineering, Grounds, & Facilities Maintenance Team. This position is responsible for daily and preventative maintenance in regards to all areas of the resort specifically related to areas such as basic repairs, modifies, constructs, fabricates, installs and maintains building structures and equipment, to provide safe conditions for employees, using various hand and power tools (e.g. roto rooter, snakes, welders, oxygen/acetylene torches, volt/ohm meters, ladders, etc.).|
|Duties:||• Operate grounds maintenance equipment including, but not limited to, front end loader, backhoe, snow plow, tractor with mower deck, tiller, chain saw, edger, weed eater, backpack blower, yard vacuum and hedge trimmer.|
• Perform a variety of semi-skilled manual duties of various resort units requiring limited knowledge of techniques, tools, equipment and safety precautions.
• Assist in preparing seed beds, mixing fertilizer, sanding roads and walks, snow removal, planting trees, weeding grass and shrubbery beds and repairing or upgrading unpaved walks, drives and parking areas.
• Perform general work in the servicing of grounds areas and in the support of Special Events to include, but not limited to, installing snow fence, setting posts, removing & placing patio furniture, relocating office furniture, pressure washing decks & furniture, gutter cleaning and storm drain cleaning.
• May be required to respond to 24-hour emergency calls for assigned work area to perform emergency building or equipment repairs during off-duty hours using a vehicle, telephone, hand, power and specialty tools and necessary materials.
• Receives and reviews work orders/requests to determine, estimated cost and man-hour requirements. Requisitions and/or purchases supplies and materials.
• Performs prescribed maintenance checks as scheduled.
• The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. The omission of an essential function does not prelude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment of the position
|Qualifications:||• Completion of a technical program in one or more trades and a minimum of one year of general building maintenance experience. |
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers.
• Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening and weekend duty. The equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
• Must be able to speak English.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.